Wednesday 24 December 2008

Day 2- China

Had to get up really early today!!! However it was OK as I ate some noodles (They have lots of Chinese food in China!!!) and got to worko n a new song. It is called 'I Am Tom Vek, Hear Me Roar (Larks In Winter)' and you can hear it below at the end of the article because I will put a link there when I am done writing this!!! It was written on some special Chinese instruments which I think you might be able to tell, but luckily I still have my trusty laptop to record it on!

As Tom Vek, I am a globally known face and this can particularly cause problems in China where everyone has mostly quite different faces to me. As a result I have been travelling in a variety of masks. My favourite is one of a 'bear'. I like the bear as it is both an aggressive and a lonely animal, I think a lot like me! Last night I stayed with a German woman and her 'livewire' son- he would mess about! I think maybe I was like that as a child, but its a long time ago and my memory was soft and underdeveloped so I can't quite remember.

Train stations are huge, and as I approached I got a weird sensation in my knees and then they became damaged. Liu Zhang said: "you are Tom Vek, you have to keep going" so I did. However, on the train I could feel my knees falling off which often happens in the cold in Asia or so I am told! In China all the trains are huge, their tracks are over double in size and cover almost 2/3 of the country. I am surprised they have any space to fit in roadS! And, sure enough, I have yet to see a Chinese road. It really is quite the cultural shock! Ouch!

I then ate some more food when I got there (from the train station!) and it was really good- we had beans, and meat (I hate vegietarians so fuck off if you are one you cuntS!!!!). In China much of what you do is eat food and I also keep in contact with friends! It is Christmas Eve but in China No-One has ever heard of Christmas which creates an eerie atmosphere, a bit like if you've invented a holiday you always have memories of celebrating but everyone just thinks you are joking when you tell them what it is!

After attempting to convince Liu Zhang that Christmas really did exist!!! I ate some more food and it was really nice. I am becoming convinced that most of China is not rail tracks or people after all, but food! Only of course most of the food is in people!!!

Check out my new song! I hope to have an album soon and it will be called 'Forgetting How To Dance' or 'We Have Ground' or just 'Tom Vek' maybe. http://www.zshare.net/audio/532150974f67d962/

No comments:

Post a Comment